Monday, September 11, 2006

Microsoft's Answer to Apple's iPOD


It was installation party in my college yesterday and it was a blast. I got so tired that I came home and just went to sleep. After many years I slept so long. When I woke up in the morning I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my inbox. Yes finally MICROSOFT IS ALL SET TO ROCK THIS CHRISTMAS WITH A MP3 PLAYER NAMED ZUNE MUCH SIMILAR TO APPLE'S IPOD. I do have high expectations from this device. Hope it won't disappoint me, anyways keeping my fingers crossed.

By the way these are some of its features:
It is predicted that the initial Zune device will be a handheld media player similar to the 5th generation hard drive based "video" iPods. The device being displayed currently is built by Toshiba, and appears to be a slightly modified version of the Toshiba Gigabeat S with a re-arranged controller layout[5]. The unit sports a 3-3.5" LCD display, slightly larger than the iPod's, and has a built-in FM tuner which works with American, European, and Japanese frequencies. The device allegedly runs Windows Mobile on a 400MHz DSP processor[6] (as does the Gigabeat S[7]), and contains a 1.8 inch 30GB hard drive.[8] The device will reportedly be available in Fall 2006 at select retailers for $299.[9]

Wanna know more about it, just go here:

Also its home page is here.

For more stories on Microsoft, log onto:
http://discovermicrosoft.blogspot.com/

© Centre Of Discovery